Understanding what makes a space work is one thing. Understanding how councils work is quite another. Our expertise in both allows us to deliver on projects, whilst seamlessly navigating common complexities, such as shared-service arrangements, outsourcing and community concerns.
Ergonomic furniture is built around the needs of the human body. An ergonomic workspace is built around the needs of the workforce. It's designed for diversity, taking into account the needs of every single employee. Design has to be driven by consultation - which is exactly why we developed our Next Office process.
Their environment shapes not only how people work, but also how well they work. We can design around diverse needs to create a space that supports all approaches - allowing people to be at their most effective, regardless of the task or preferred work style.
Humans are social animals - and that holds just as true in a work environment as anywhere else. Creating a space that allows people to interact in productive, positive ways - whether they're on task or off - has a huge impact on organisational culture. And few things drive performance like a healthy culture.
As the devices at our disposal become ever smarter, our dependence on them increases. That means a space can't truly enable productivity unless it also supports the tools that deliver it. Our designs consider how teams can make the most of their tech - when and where they need it.
With 57% of employees confident their current workplace enables them to work productively, is there a danger a move to agile working ends up only really helping the other 43%? The solution is to really know your workers and what they need…
How do you ensure the company’s leaders – not just the one with budget authority – are truly on board with the change to agile working? It's a question of getting the leaders on board, so the rest of the company can come too.
The fear of wasting time, money and effort on an agile white elephant prevents many organisations from even exploring activity based working. If your project is to be a success, you have to be ready to really change…
The big question facing any move to agile working is: ‘How do you know it’s going to work?’ Our new Agile Working Pilot Pack aims to help you answer that question – allowing you to trial agile working in your workplace, without breaking the bank…
Starting with our Next Office process, this project saw us deliver London Councils (the organisation representing London's 32 boroughs) with a space that encourages collaboration, engagement and an organic flow of information - all while saving significant amounts of space.
We are working on several ongoing local government projects. These include supporting a major city council in considering how a more agile working environment can be designed around the needs of their employees, a London Borough refurbishing with a high proportion of existing furniture and a County Council piloting new ways of working before a phased project to renew its headquarters.