Gingerbread truck template
To bake your own truck, download pdf and print out. Cut and tape together according to instructions. Good luck!
6 dl sugar
4 dl Scandinavian light syrup (can be substituted with light molasses)
200 g butter
8 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tsp ground ginger
6 dl milk
4 tsp baking soda
2 kg all-purpose flour
1. In a saucepan, melt sugar, syrup and butter together. Add spices and milk, pour the mixture in a big bowl and let it cool down.
2. Mix baking soda and flour together in a bowl and add it in to the melted sugar mixture. Knead it into a dough, add some flour over top and cover it with plastic foil. Let it rest in the fridge overnight.
3. Heat your oven to 175°C.
4. Knead your dough on a floured surface. Roll it out on top of a sheet of baking paper. It should be about 3 mm thick. Cut out your pattern with a small knife or a pizza cutter and take away the excess dough. Make sure you have enough space between the different parts since the dough could flow out while baking. Bake parts in a similar size together so they bake evenly and don’t burn.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, note that the baking time can vary depending on the size of the pieces. Let the parts cool down on a flat surface.
The traditional Swedish gingerbread house is put together with a melted sugar mixture, but to make it a bit easier we put our truck together with a hot glue gun.
2 egg whites
8 dl powdered sugar
2 tsp vinegar
1. Mix the egg whites, powdered sugar and vinegar together. Add it to a piping bag and use it decorate your truck.
2. It’s easier to pipe the logotype if you cut it out of the paper and transfer it with pencil on to the side parts before putting it together.
3. Pipe all the seams to hide the hot glue and then decorate it at will.